Poha Kheer Recipe - Choora Kheer
Poha or choora kheer can be prepared very easily and instantly. This poha kheer is scrumptious same as kheer made with rice.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Poha Kheer Recipe - Choora Kheer
Ingredients for Choora Kheer
- Poha - 1/2 cup (35 grams)
- Sugar - 1/4 cup (60 grams)
- Cashews - 1 tbsp (chop in small pieces)
- Raisins - 1 tbsp (remove stalk and clean)
- Pistachios - 12-15 (slice thinly)
- Green cardamom - 4 (peel and make powder)
- Full cream milk - 500 ml
How to make Choora Kheer
For making poha kheer take milk in any vessel with heavy base and place it on flame for heating. When milk starts simmering, reduce the flame and add poha into it. Now cook on low flame and stir after every 2-3 minutes so that kheer doesn't stick at the bottom of the pan. Cook until poha turns puffy and its granules are nicely mixed in milk.
Add dry fruits in kheer and keep few aside for garnishing later. Stir the kheer very nicely by bringing the ladle to the bottom of vessel. Mix dry fruits and cook until kheer gets thick in consistency. Stir after regular intervals.
When poha and dry fruits are nicely mixed in milk then add sugar into it. Mix well and cook kheer for 1-2 more minutes or until sugar dissolves completely. Mix cardamom powder in kheer. Within 15-16 minutes(approx) kheer gets cooked. Poha kheer is now ready, turn off the flame. Take out kheer in a separate bowl and garnish with dry fruits.
Poha kheer can be served steaming hot or chilled.
- You can add dry fruits in kheer as per your taste. Quantity of dry fruits can be increased or decreased as per your taste or omit the use of ones you don't like.
- Poha can be washed and then use for making kheer. For this place poha in water and immediately take it out. Now add it in milk.
- For 3-4 family members
- Time - 20 minutes