Kadhai Paneer Recipe - How To Make Kadai Paneer - Kadhai Paneer Receipe
Cottage cheese is an all time favorite. We will make Karai Cottage Cheese today, a yummy delight!
Ingredients to Kadai Paneer
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – 250 grams
- Capsicum (Shimla Mirch)– 2-3
- Tomato – 2-3
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger (Adrak) – 1” piece
- Refined Oil or Butter - 2 table spoon
- Cumin seeds(Jeera) - ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder (Dhaniya) – 1 ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) – less than ¼ tea spoon
- Red chili powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Garam Masala – ¼ tea spoon
- Salt – to taste
- Green Coriander – 1 tablespoon (chopped)
How to make Kadai Paneer
Cut cottage cheese in square pieces. Wash capsicum, remove seeds and cut in small pieces. Wash tomato and cut in small pieces. Remove stems of green chili, wash and chop finely. Peel ginger, wash and grate it or chop finely.
Heat butter in a karai (wok), fry cumin seeds. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, tomatoes, green chili and ginger and sauté for 1 minute. Cover and cook on low flame for 3 minutes. Uncover and mash tomatoes with a spoon.
Add capsicum in tomatoes, cover and cook on low flame for 4 minutes. Uncover, stir with spoon, capsicum is cooked.
Now add cottage cheese, red chili powder and garam masala and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Karai cottage cheese is ready.
Serve in a karai to be kept on dining table, garnish with green coriander. Enjoy hot karai paneer with paranthas, chapati or naan. This dish must be served in a Karai.
If you want to use onion in the vegetable, add I chopped onion when cumin seeds crackle and sauté till they turn pink. Follow rest of the recipe in the same way.