Meethi Chutney Recipe
Meethi Chutney can be eaten as a dip for Samosas, Kachoris, Dahi Vada and all types of Chaat. Home made Meethi Chutney is far better than the one available in the market. Kids love this chutney.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Meethi Chutney Recipe
Ingredients for Meethi Chutney
- Amchur(mango) paste/Tamarind paste - 1 cup
- Sugar/ Gur(jaggery) – 1 cup
- Black/Plain salt — 1 tsp
- Raisins - 40 to 50 (break the stems)if you want
- Chuare(dry date) - 5 to 6(chop into long thin strips) if you want
- Gram masala — 1 tsp
- Elaichi(cardamom) – 4 to 5 (peel then crush)
How to make Meethi Chutney
Soak Amchur powder or tamarind paste with sugar/Gur and 2 cups water in a utensil for 30 minutes. Filter this tamarind and sugar mix, place it on the gas to boil. Put raisins and Chuare in this mix, boil till it becomes a thick mixture. Now add salt and Garam masala to it. Take the Chutney off the gas, put the Elaichi powder in it and mix. Meethi Chutney is ready. Now you can have it with Dahi Vada.
Pour this Meethi Chutney in a container and keep it in the fridge. Take it out and eat whenever you feel like, it will not be spoiled for 5-6 months.