Bhindi Anardana Recipe
We often make okra (bhindi) with numerous styles like Crispy Okra, Stuffed lady finger, Okra coconut masala and so on. But today try adding pomegranate seeds for making luscious anardana okra.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Bhindi Anardana Recipe
Ingredients for Bhindi Anardana
- Lady finger- 250 grams (small and soft)
- Oil - 3-4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Pomegranate seeds (Anardana) - 1/2 tsp
- Mango powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly - 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (grated)
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp (or as per taste)
How to make Bhindi Anardana
Wash lady finger thoroughly and place it in sieve until water dries completely or clean them with a cloth. Remove stalk from both the ends. Make a slit in center length wise, keeping it joined at the other end. Likewise slit all the okra.
Preheat oil in a pan. When oil is sufficiently hot add asafoetida and cumin seeds. After sauteing cumin seeds add green chilly, ginger paste and saute the spices for while. Now add turmeric powder and coriander powder and saute the spices for few more minutes. Add okra, mango powder, salt and red chilly powder as well. Stir constantly and cook until lady fingers are nicely coated with spices.
Cover and cook okra on medium flame for 2 minutes. Check the okra. If its still not soft, cover and cook for 1-2 more minutes on low flame. Open the lid and check again. Lady fingers are cooked, now add dry pomegranate seeds into it. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes as it is. Also add green coriander. Bhindi anardana is ready.
Serve this relishing Okra in pomegranate seeds with chapatti, paranthas, poori or rice and enjoy eating.
- Wash and clean lady fingers aptly or clean them with a cloth nicely else it can get sticky while cooking.
- After adding lady finger in wok, immediately add mango powder as this prevents okra from turning sticky and gooey.
- bhindi recipe
- make bhindi anardana
- okra recipe with Pomegranate seeds
- okra with Pomegranate seeds
- Pomegranate seeds Ladyfinger recipe
- punjabi bhindi anardana recipe