Moong Dal Stir Fry Recipe
Moong dal with Tari is very obviously tasty but dry Moong Dal is also very mouth watering. To try a different version of dal try making Dry Moong Dal.
You can send Moong Dal Stir Fry in your kids lunch boxes along with roti or parantha, so let us make Moong Dal Stir Fry.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Moong Dal Stir Fry Recipe
-Ingredients for Moon Dal Stiry Fry
- Moong Dal(washed) - 200 grams (1 cup)
- Refined oil/Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Green chilly - 1 to 2
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece
- Jeera(cumin seeds) - 1/2 tsp
- Heeng(asafoetida) - 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander(dhaniya) powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - less than 1/4 tsp (if you prefer spicy)
- Salt - add to taste ( 3/4 tsp)
- Lemon - 1(small sized)
- Green coriander - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- How to make Moon Dal Stiry Fry
Clean Moong Dal then wash it twice and soak in water for 30 minutes. Wash green chilly, break its stem, and chop into fine pieces. Peel, wash and cut ginger into small pieces.
Put Moong Dal in a cooker with 1 cup of water, followed by 1 tsp salt and turmeric powder. Close the cooker. Boil dal till 1 whistle goes off. Turn of the gas and release the pressure from the cooker after 2-3 minutes and open its lid. Dal should not be over cooked. If you see excess water in the dal then take it out.
Ppor refined oil or Ghee in a frying pan(kadhai) and heat, put Jeera and Heeng in hot Ghee. After Jeera is roasted add coriander powder, chopped chilly and ginger. Fry for 1-2 minutes then put salt and mix. Pour the boiled dal and stir fry with a spoon for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the gas, add lemon juice and green coriander then mix properly.
Moong Dal Stir Fried is ready, take it out in a bowl and serve with chapati or parantha.