Achari Aloo Recipe
Achari Aloo holds the taste of pickle spices which will surely be liked by all. It can be rolled in a parantha and can be sent for lunch in your kids' tiffin box.
We can also use small sized baby potatoes for Achaari Aloo or a medium sized potato cut into 4 halves can also beused to make Achaari Aloo.
Ingredients for Achari Aloo :
- Potatoes - 500 grams(7-8medium sized)
- Mustard oil - 2 tbsp
- Heeng(asafoetida) - 2 pinch
- Jeera(cumin) - ½ tsp
- Rie - ½ tsp
- Grinded Meth(fenugreek)i - ½ tsp
- Grinded Saunf(fennel) - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Green chilli - 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Ginger(grated) - 1 inch long
- Dhaniya(coriander) powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - add to taste or ¾ tsp
- Red chilli powder - ¼ tsp
- Aamchur(mango)powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - less than ¼ tsp
- Green dhaniya(coriander) - 2 tbsp
- How to make Achari Aloo
Wash the potatoes and put them in a cooker. Allow them to boil till 1 whistle goes off. Let the pressure escape from the cooker completely.Now cool the potatoes and peel them. Cut the peeled potatoes into 6 halves.
Pour oil in the kadhai(pan) and heat. Put heeng, methi, saunf into hot oil and fry lightly. Now add turmeric powder, green chilli, ginger and dhaniya powder and gently stir fry. Put potatoes, salt,red chilli powder, aamchur powder, garam masala into the fried spices respectively.Stir with a spoon and fry potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the gas, put green dhaniya to our Achaari Aloo and mix.
Achaari Aloo is ready, take it out in a bowl and serve with paranthas or rice and savour its taste.