Sabudana Papad Recipe
We usually buy papad chips, magodi etc from the market only. But they are easy to make at home and are a great snack item. Summer is the best season to make papad and chips at home.
हिन्दी में पढिये - Sabudana Papad Recipe in Hindi
Ingredients for Sabudana Papad
- Sabudana - 250 gms. (2 cup)
- Water - 2 ltr. (10 cup)
- Salt - According to the taste or 2/3 tea spoon.
Method - How to make Sabudana Papad
To make sabudana papad, we take small sized sabudana quality.
Wash the sabudana and soak it for 2 hours in 4 cup water (the quantity of water should be double the quantity of sabudana).
Take a deep pan and boil 6 cup water into it. Once the water starts to boil add soaked sabudana and saltto it. Stir it continuously so it do not stick at the bottom of the pan.
It would take about half an hour for sabudans to get properly cooked. Cook it till it gets thick and transparent. Turn off the flame. Sabudana mixture is ready to make sabudana papad.
Method - How to Make Sabudana Papad at Home
You can dry sabudana papad on a steel plate or use a big sized polythene sheet. If you are making the recipe in bulk, then it is better to use big sized polythene sheet.
Spread a big sized polythene sheet on a bed sheet. Bring the fresh hot sabudana mixture near to the sheet and start pouring the mixture over the sheet making small round of 21/2 inch to 3 inch like a chapati. Repeat the step to make as many papad as you can from the mixture. Maintain atleast a inch of distance between two papad.
After 4-5 hours turn the sides of the papad before it gets over dried. Over dried papad can stick with the sheet break into pieces while flipping the side. Let them dry for 2 days in the sun. Dry it for one more day (i.e the 3rd day) if you think that they are still moist from few places.
Sabudana papad are ready. Fry them in oil and serve with hot tea or coffee. Store rest of the papad in an air-tight container. Within 6 months whenever you feel like eating them, just take them out of the container, fry them and sprinkle salt and black pepper or chat masala over it.
- You can add red chilli powder, black pepper, cumin seeds etc in the sabudana papad as per your taste preferences.
- Instead of salty sabudana papad, you can also make sweet sabudana papad in same manner. In this case you have add sugar instead of salt while making the mixture.
- To get the flavor of tomato in the sabudana papad, you can add tomato paste in the mixture.
- Sabudana papad made with lahori Salt and black pepper can be used in fasts.
- Make sabudana papad as soon as you can from the mixture, else it will turn thick after getting cold and you won't be able to make thin layered papad.