Dhania Panjiri Prasad Recipe
Dhaniya Panjiri Prasad is eaten when one is on fast and is allowed to eat fruits. Normally, Panjiri is made from wheat flour so it is not taken as prasad but Panjiri is the first thing people eat to break fasts.
Dhania Panjiri is specially eaten on Janmashthami to break one's fast. You can make and eat Dhaniya(coriander) Panjiri whenever you feel like, it is very tasty and nutritious.
- Ingredients for Dhania Panjiri Prasad
- Coriander(dhaniya) powder - 100 grams (1 cup)
- Desi Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Makhana(fox nut) - 1/2 cup
- Sugar(powdered)/Bhura - 1/2 cup
- Ripe Coconut - 1/2 cup(grated)
- Cashew nut, almonds - 10 to 10
- Chironji(charoli) - 1 tsp
- How to make Dhaniya Panjiri Prasad
Put 1 tbsp Ghee in a frying pan(kadhai), put finely chopped coriander and fry till a nice aroma is emitted. Some people put whole coriander, fry it then grind it but i find frying powdered coriander to make Panjiri easier and better.
Cut Makhana into 4 halves, put the remaining Ghee then fry the pieces in it and take out. Crush Makhana with a rolling pin or something heavy.
Chop cashew nuts and almonds into small pieces.
Mix fried coriander powder, coarse Makhana, grated coconut, Bhura and dry fruits together to make Panjiri.
Dhaniya Panjiri is ready. Offer this Dhaniya Panjiri to Lord Krishna and eat yourself as well.