Moong Dal Cutlets Recipe
Moong Dal Cutlets are very crispy and tasty. These can be prepared and served in any oarty as a starter or when you have guests over or whenver you feel like eating something fried. You will surely love them.
Ingredients for Moong Dal Cutlets
- Moong dal - 1/2 cup(soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Potatoes - 2(boiled)
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Green coriander - 2/3 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Amchur(mango) powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Heeng(asafoetida) - 2 pinch
- Ginger - 1" long piece(grated)
- Green chillies - 2(finely chopped)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp(add to taste)
How to make Moong Dal Cutlets
Peel the potatoes and mash them finely. Put moong dal, potatoes, bread crumbs, spices in a big bowl and mix thoroughly. Knead with your hands to prepare the mixture.
Pour oil in a pan and heat. Take some mixture in your hand, roll it and give it a round shape. Keep all of the cutlets on a plate. Similarly prepare all of the cutlets.
Put 6-7 cutlets in hot oil, fry the cutlets on a medium flame till they turn golden brown. Take the fried cutlets out on a plate. Similarly fry all of the cutlets.
Hot Moong Dal Cutlets are ready. Serve with green coriander chutney, sweet chutney and eat.
While frying cutlets, remember that the oil should not be too hot or too cold. If you fry cutlets on a medium flame then they turn out very well.
Moong Dal Cutlet Recipe video in Hindi