Stuffed Paneer Kofta Curry - Stuffed Cheese Balls Recipe
You can serve Stuffed Paneer Koftas in the evening snack or can even cook Stuffed Cheese Balls Curry from it. You will definitely like it in both ways.
Instead of using potatoes as a filler in Paneer Kofta, you can also use boiled spinach, grated cauliflower, finely chopped beans, or any other vegetable that you like.
इस रेसीपी को हिन्दी में पढिये - Stuffed Kofta Curry Recipe in Hindi
Ingredients for Stuffed Paneer Koftas
Ingredients To Make Stuffed Cheese Balls.
- Paneer( Home made cheese) - 300 gms.
- Corn Flour - 3 table spoon.
- Potatoes - 4 boiled.
- Salt - as per the taste.
- Turmeric Powder - less than 1/4 tea spoon.
- Green Chilli - 2
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece (grated)
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Amchoor Powder - less than 1/4 tea spoon.
- Oil - to fry koftas.
Ingredients To Make Curry
- Tomato - 4-5 (medium sized)
- Green Chilli - 2-3
- Ginger - 1 inch (long piece)
- Oil - 2 table spoon.
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Heeng - 1 pinch.
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Coriander Powder - 1 tea spoon.
- Cream - 200 gms. (1 cup)
- Red Chilli - 2 pinch.
- Salt - as per the taste (3/4 tea spoon)
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Green Coriander - 2 table spoon (chopped)
How to make Stuffed Cheese Balls Curry
Stuffed Paneer Kofta
Add corn flour and 1/2 tea spoon salt in the Paneer and mash them to make a smooth mixture.
Take boiled Potatoes, add salt, turmeric powder, green chilli, ginger, coriander powder, and amchoor powder to it. Knead all the items to make a dough. Make 12-14 balls from the panner mixture and potato mixture as well.
Now take a ball of Paneer mixture, make a dent from hands into it and stuff it with the potato mixture balls. Close the dough from the edges and roll it back into a ball. Repeat the procedure with the other balls. Put all the balls in a plate and keep them in the refrigerator to set for 20 minutes.
Put some oil into the pan and heat it. Once the oil is heated to a desired temperature put 4-5 koftas into the pan and fry them till they get golden brown. Take them out on a plate and fry rest of the koftas in the same manner.
Stuffed Cheese Balls are ready to eat now. You can serve them as a starter.
Gravy for Stuffed Paneer Kofta
Wash the tomatoes and cut them into big pieces, break the stem from the green chilli and break it into small pieces, peel the ginger and break it into small pieces as well. Now put all these ingrdients in the mixer and make a paste.
Pour oil in the pan and heat it. Add cumin seeds and heeng into the pan and roast them till they get Brown. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder to it. Roast the masala and add tomato paste and red chilli powder in it, stir the masala for 2-3 minutes till the tomato is properly cooked. Now add cream and roast the masala till the oil starts to separate or floats at the top.
Now add 2 cups of water(the quantity of water depends on the consistency of curry, increase the quantity of water, if you wish to make thin curry), salt and garam masala to the mixture. Cook the curry for 2 minutes and add koftas to it.
Stuffed Paneer Kofta Curry is ready. Take it out in a serving dish, garnish it with Green Coriander Leaves and serve it with chapatis, parathas or rice.
You can serve Stuffed Cheese Balls along with Coriander Chutney as a starter or for the breakfast.
- To make Paneer Koftas, add Cornflour to the Paneer and mash it nicely to form a smooth lump free dough.
- If the quantity of Cornflour is less, then the koftas might get burst in the oil.
- The oil used to fry koftas should be heated till required temperature and koftas should not be fried at low flame. If the oil is not heated properly, then again the balls can break in the oil.
- Do not boil the curry after adding koftas to it , just cover it with a lid. If you will boil the curry the koftas will get extremely smooth.