Bhein ka Tikka Recipe - Lotus Stem Nuggets Recipe
Lotus Stem(Kamal Kakdi) Koftas are no doubt are very tasty, but you can also try Lotus Stem Nuggets. These nuggets can be taken with morning and evening tea. Small sized nuggets are tastier than large-sized one. Lets make Lotus Stem Nuggets today .
Ingredients for Lotus Stems Nuggets (Kamal Kakdi Tikki)
- Lotus Stems - 3
- Potato - 4 (boiled medium sized)
- Salt - less than 1 tea spoon (according to the taste)
- Green Chilli - 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch (grated)
- Coriander Powder - 1 tea spoon.
- Amchoor Powder - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/6 tea spoon (if you like spicy food)
- Green Coriander Leaves - 2 table spoon (chopped)
- Channa Dal - 3 table spoon.
- Ararot (Arrowroot) - 4 table spoon.
- Dried Bread- -4-5 ( bread crumbs)
- Oil - to fry Nuggets.
Method - How to make Lotus Stems Tikki - Lotus Stems Nuggets.
Wash and peel the Lotus stems. Cut the stems from both the ends and wash it again. Now cut the Lotus Stems into thick circular pieces. Boil these pieces in 1 cup water to make them tender. Once the pieces gets little soft, turn off the flame.
Roast the Channa Dal in a pan and grind it to make fine powder from it.
Mash the Lotus Stems pieces and potatoes in separate bowls. Now mix mashed Lotus Stems, potatoes, channa dal powder, and all the other ingredients to make a batter. This prepared mixture will be used to make Lotus Stems Nuggets.
Take a small portion of the mixture in your hands, roll it into small balls and press them to make small discs. Now dust the discs with bread crumbs. Make as many small nuggets as you can from the mixture. Keep the nuggets aside for 20 minutes to set.
Take a pan and heat some oil into it to an appropriate temperature. You can even test it by putting a small ball from the mixture. If the ball starts to float up in the Oil, then the oil is appropriately heated and if not then let it heat more.
Put 5-6 nuggets into the pan and keep on turning the sides unless they turn brown in colour. Repeat the step with all the nuggets.
Hot and Crispy Lotus Stems Nuggets is ready to serve. You can serve it with Green Coriander chutney with the evening tea.
- If you will put the nuggets to fry in less heated oil, they will get burst.
- You can also make Lotus Stem Nuggets by applying little oil to the disc and frying it into Non-Stick Pan, or can bake it in a Microwave Oven at a temperature of 180 Celsius for 5 minutes.
- Strain all the excess water from the Lotus Stems Pieces after boiling it. Else, the mixture will get wet and you will find it difficult to make balls from it.