Chana Masala Recipe – Chole Masala Recipe
Kabuli Channa is used to make Chole Masala. It not only tastes good, but is also very nutritious. Proteins is present in the channa in high quantity.
Chana Masala is normally consumed with bhatura, rice, chapati, naan or parantha. So lets make spicy and hot Chana Masala today.
Ingredients for Chana Masala
- Kabuli Chana - 1 bowl or 150 gms.
- Baking soda - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Tea bag - 1 (if you don't have tea bag, then take a white cloth and tie some tea into it)
- Tomato - 3-4
- Green chilli - 3-4
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece.
- Refined oil - 2 table spoon.
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Anar dana - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Coriander powder - 1 tea spoon.
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Garam masala - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Salt - according to the taste.
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 tea spoon (chopped)
Method - How to make Chana Masala
Soak the channa overnight in water.
Wash the channa and boil them in the cooker with 1 small glass water, salt and baking soda. Also put tea bag in the cooker. Close the lid of the cooker and let it boil for upto 1 whistle. After the whistle lower down the flame and boil for another 5 minutes. Turn off the flame and wait until the steam comes out.
Meanwhile, lets prepare the masala . Make a paste of tomato, green chilli and ginger.
Heat oil in a pan and tamper the cumin seeds in it. Now put anardana seeds and coriander powder and red chilli powder into the pan. Roast the masala and add tomato paste. Roast the masala until the oil starts to float at the top of the masala. Pour 1 bowl water and let it boil.
Put the boiled channa into the curry and mix well with the help of a ladle. You can add more water to make the curry thin. Cook the recipe for 2-3 minutes and add garam masala ans coriander leaves to it.
Chole Masala - Channa Masala is ready. Serve it with hot paranthas, naan or chapatis.
You can add onions in the recipe. Just chop the onions and put them into the pan once the cumin seeds turns brown in colour. Roast them until they turn light pink in colour followed by the steps mentioned above.
You can substitute anardana with 1/4 tea spoon amchoor powder.
- This preparation is for 4 people.
- Time-taken - 20 minutes.