Instant Dhokla Recipe
It takes time to prepare Dhokla made with pulses and rice. If you are looking for a instant recipe to prepare Dhokla, then consider making Instant Dhokla. It is tasteful and nutritious and easy to prepare at the same point of time. Less oil is used in its preparation and it is one of the easiest and quick recipe that anyone can make.
इस रेसीपी को हिन्दी में पढिये - Instant Dhokla Recipe
Ingredients to make Instant Dhokla
Ingredients to prepare batter for the Instant Dhokla.
- Gram Flour - 100 gms. (1 cup)
- Sooji Rawa - 100 gms. (1 cup)
- Water - 100 gms. (1/2 cup)
- Curd - 200 gms. (Whisked 1 cup)
- Turmeric powder - a pinch.
- Salt - 1 tea spoon or according to the taste.
- Eno powder - 1 tea spoon.
Ingredients for tampering.
- Oil - 1 table spoon.
- Mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon.
- Green chilli - 2 or 3 (chopped)
- Sugar - 1 tea spoon.
- Salt - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Coriander leaves - 1 table spoon (chopped)
- Coconut - 1 table spoon (grated) (it is optional, if you don't have i at home, then don't put it)
Method - How to make Instant Dhokla
Take a bowl and put gram flour, sooji, turmeric powder, whisked curd, salt and water in it. Mix all the ingredients well and make sure that lumps are not formed in the batter. Whisk the mixture well.
Dhokla is made from steam. Now take a cooker and put 2 glass of water in it. Keep the cooker on the stove. Take a separator or any other utensil which can be kept into the cooker. Grease the separator.
Add eno powder into the mixture and whisk it well. Pour the mixture into the separator. Now keep a forged stand or any plate into the cooker before placing the separator in the cooker so it doesn't touch the bottom of the cooker. Close the lid of the cooker and remove the whistle from it. Within 20 minutes the dhokla will get ready. To check whether it is properly baked or not, put a fork or a tooth pick into the dhokla. If it comes out clean this means that the dhokla is ready.
Take out the separator from the cooker and let it cool down. Once the dhokla cools down take it out on a plate with the help of a knife and cut it into pieces of desired shape and size.
For Tampering: Take a small pan and heat 1 table spoon oil in it. Put mustard seeds and let it splutter. Once the mustard seeds gets tampered add green chilli and 1 small cup water. After this add sugar and salt into the mixture and turn off the flame once it starts to boil. Add lemon juice into this mixture and pour this curry over each and every dhokla with the help of a spoon. Your dhokla is ready.
How to make Dhokla in any utensil:
Put the vessel on the stove with 2 small glass of water in which you want to make dhokla. Place a forged stand into this vessel and keep the dhokla plate over it.
Grease the plate with little oil . Add eno powder in the mixture an whisk it well with the help of a spoon. Pour the mixture into the greased plate and spread it evenly. Now place the plate over the forged stand and cover the vessel. Bake the dhokla on a high flame for 20 minutes. (To check whether it is properly baked or not, put a fork or a tooth pick into the dhokla. If it comes out clean this means that the dhokla is ready). Turn off the flame and take out the dhokla plate from the vessel. Let it cool down and then take out the dhokla with the help of a knife. Cut the dhokla into desired shape and size with the knife.
Put the dhokla on a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
Your Instant Dhokla is ready. Serve it with green coriander chutney.
- The dhokla mixture should be too thin or too thick. If the dhokla mixture will be too thin or too thick then the dhokla will not rise well.
- Put eno salt into the mixture ands stir it with a spoon. As soon as the bubbles appear immediately put the dhokla in the greased plate to cook. Do not whisk the mixture for long. If you will delay the time to cook the dhokla after adding eno salt to it, then the dhokla will not rise well.
- Dhokla will not rise well if coked on low flame.
How to make Rawa Dhokla
How to make Besan Dhokla