Tawa Paneer Tikka Recipe
What do you make when you feel like having something special for dinner? Personally i like Paneer Tikka very much.
- इस रेसीपी को हिन्दी में पढिये - Tawa Paneer Tikka Recipe in Hindi
Instead of preparing it in a Tandoor i find it more easy to cook it directly on a Tawa(flat pan). So lets prepare Paneer Tikka on a Tawa.
- Ingredients for Tawa paneer Tikka
- Paneer - 500 grams
- Curd - 100 grams(1 small bowl)
- Salt - add to taste (1/2 tsp)
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter/Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Jeera(cumin) powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 1 inch long (make a paste)
- Capsicum - 2
- Tomatoes - 2 to 3
- Chaat masala - 1 to 1 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder(if you want) - less than 1/4 tsp
- Green coriander(dhaniya) - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon - 1(cut into 4 pieces)
- How to make Tawa Paneer Tikka
Cut Paneer into big square pieces.
Beat the curd then add salt, black pepper and 1/2 ginger paste to it. Put the pieces of Paneer in the curd, mix well and leave the Paneer covered for 30 minutes.
Take pot the Paneer pieces from the curd, place them on a plate and keep them in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Wash capsicums, remove its seeds and cut into long strips. Wash tomatoes and cut them into thin round slices.
Put butter on a non stick pan or Tawa(flat pan) and heat. Put 6-7 Paneer pieces in the pan and fry till both sides turn light brown then take them out. Fry all Paneer pieces in this manner and keep them on a plate.
Lower the flame, to the left over butter in the pan add Jeera powder, ginger paste and stir with a spoon. Add capsicum to the spices and cook for 1 minute as you stir regularly. Now put in the fried Paneer pieces, tomatoes, Chaat masala, red chilli powder and mix properly. Stir the ingredients continuously for 1 or 1/2 minute.
Panner Tikka is ready. Garnish with green coriander and lemon then serve.