Poha is popular recipe in west and central India. You can easily find Poha in every food joint of Madhya Pradesh. It is very easy to cook and takes less time. Keeping in mind the health concerns, the best part of the recipe is that it uses less oil while cooking. Lets prepare Poha for the breakfast today.
Ingredients for Poha
- Poha - 200 gms.
- Sugar - 1 table spoon.
- Salt - 3/4 tea spoon.
- Oil - 1 table spoon.
- Mustard Oil - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Potato - 1 (boiled)
- Green chilli - 2
- Peanuts or Peas - 1/2 small cup.
- Lemon - 1
- Coriander leaves - 1 table spoon (chopped)
- Raisins - 20-25
- Sev made with gram flour - 1 small bowl.
- Peanuts - 1 small bowl (fried)
Method - How to make Poha
Wash the poha with water and instantly strain the water from it. Put 1 spoon sugar and 1/2 spoon salt into it and leave for 15 minutes.
Now do the following preparations before making the poha.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Separate the stems from the green chilli and chop.
- Chop 1/2 bowl peas and coriander leaves also and keep them in a bowl.
- Take a bowl of bikaner sev and keep it aside.
- Take 1 bowl of roasted peanuts for garnishing the poha.
Heat oil in a pan and tamper the mustard seeds into it. Now add green chilli, turmeric powder, peas, chopped potato to it and roast well. Put poha into it and mix well with the masala. Turn off the flame once the poha is completely mixed with the masala and add lemon juice to it. Garnish with coriander leaves, roasted peanuts and bikaner sev after transferring it to the serving bowl.